Monday, March 25, 2013

I AM...The Soldier Song

                  I AM....  The Soldier Song



It came to me slow, like a waking dream.
Sunlight beyond the clouds.
I...am the dawn battlefield,
The soldier on distant shore.
In pink and purple sunrise...a soul,
Reluctant...departing.

It came to me slow, the realization.
The awareness that I could be so much more.
A warrior brave, leaving home. 
A single tear...escaping.
I...am the morning dew,
And the first black bird of spring.

It came to me slow, as valley mist....cool, 
Rising into the morning sun.
It was then that I knew, 
Watching the world awaken.
could be so much more.
I....am the grass unfolding, beneath the melting snow.

I came to me slow, just as the moon, 
Across the summer sky.
I...am the whispering wind,
And the silent winter night.
Forgotten, I am never.
I was....I will always be...
I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment